Kettering University is a national leader in experiential STEM and business education, integrating an intense academic curriculum with applied professional experience. We inspire students to realize their potential and advance their ideas by combining theory and practice better than any institution in the world. Kettering University is dedicated to achieving the extraordinary through technological innovation, leadership, and service, built on values that foster respect, integrity, creativity, collaboration, and excellence in growth, global leadership, community outreach, and an engaged community of stakeholders.
BENEFITS include health, dental and vision coverage; retirement benefits with up to a 9% Kettering matching contribution; life and accident insurance; tuition assistance and waiver programs; vacation and holiday pay; sick and disability pay; recreation center membership and many other benefits.
Program Director of English as a Second Language (ESL)
Office of International Programs
Required Job Qualifications:
• Goal-oriented leader with ability to act responsibly and entrepreneurially in initiating action plans for change and improvement;
• Professional knowledge of ESL approaches and methodologies, including assessment techniques, test/measurement principles, and instructional material design and development;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Comfortable and enthusiastic in a wide range of cultural groups and cross-cultural relationships;
• Effective time management skills;
• Ability to use MS Office products;
• Ability to manage a budget and keep accurate records;
• Ability to communicate clearly in English to non-native speakers;
• A citizen or lawful permanent; resident of the United States;
• Possession of a current valid unrestricted driver’s license.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree in Linguistics, humanities or teaching a foreign language;
• A minimum of two years of teaching ESL full time or equivalent, including experience developing curriculum and teaching material;
• Experience learning a foreign language is a plus;
• At least two years management experience required, experience supervising and evaluating teaching staff a plus;
• Experience with SEVIS, non-immigrant regulations and USCIS a plus.
Understanding and commitment to Kettering University Values
a. RESPECT: for teamwork, honesty, encouragement, diversity partnerships with students.
b. INTEGRITY: including accountability, transparency and ethics.
c. CREATIVITY: fostering flexibility and innovation.
d. COLLABORATION: across disciplines and with all
e. EXCELLENCE: in all we do.
For a detailed job description, required qualifications and application instructions, go to