I.N.V.E.S.T. High School Teacher – English Language Learner (ELL)
Hazel Park's I.N.V.E.S.T. Program is seeking applicants for the position of High School Teacher – English (BA), 2016/2017 school year. The district is served by caring and professional teaching and other staff who provide instruction and support to approximately 3,600 students. The Hazel Park community is proud and supportive of its schools, the staff and student population.
The successful candidate for this position will be an honest, approachable communicator, who is student-centered in his or her approach.
• 10-month, Full-time Position
• Salary Schedule according to the Unaffiliated Employee Guidelines
• Reports to Building Principal
• Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate – with appropriate endorsement(s)
• Must possess a K-12 ESL Endorsement or K-12 Bilingual Endorsement
• Thorough knowledge of assessment and instruction for ESL students
• K-12 ESL teaching experience preferred
• Experience administering the WIDA ACCESS and W-APT Screener
• Knowledge of WIDA Standards and Proficiency Levels
• Experience in differentiating instruction for ELL’s in General Education content classrooms
• General education-ESL teacher collaboration
• Experience teaching students with interrupted schooling
• Demonstrates teaching and leadership skills, as well as strong written and oral communication skills
• Must meet No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Standards
Post Date: August 3, 2016
Start Date: 2016/17 School Year
Reports To: Building Principal
All interested applicants need to complete the employment application process at
http://www.hazelpark.k12.mi.us/domain/100, Employment Opportunities.
Applications will be accepted up until position is filled.