Pontiac Academy for Excellence is seeking a full time ESL Teacher & EL Coordinator to start as soon as possible.
While the posting [below] lists an expiration date of Friday, September 30th, the position will remain open until filled, so don’t let that date deter you from applying.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
JOB TITLE: ESL Coordinator / Teacher
DEPARTMENT: High School
POSTING DATE: September 23, 2016
EXPIRATION DATE: September 30, 2016
START DATE OF POSITION: Immediately
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP)
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process
- Implement procedures and coordinate the process to identify ELL students at all grade levels district wide including review of student data and testing of students
- Use of data effectively to enhance the achievement of students
- Develop and revise ESL curriculum as needed
- Oversee the district-wide WIDA Testing
- Coordinate the district program for ELL students
- Collaborate with district staff and outside personnel to provide educational opportunities for ELL students
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the ESL program and implement changes based on the finding
- Consult with parents, administrators, counselors, teachers, community agencies and other relevant individuals regarding ELL students
- Develop and conduct/arrange for staff development sessions, including sessions on various instruction methods, enriched learning in classroom settings, and methods for identifying ELL students
Students, Student Aides and Parent helpers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BA degree in area of major study; Master’s Degree a plus
Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate - Secondary
Endorsements Accepted: NS, BA, EX, CC, CF
Highly Qualified Certification and Successful Background Check
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Charter School Services of Michigan, Inc.
196 Cesar E. Chavez
Pontiac, MI 48342
Attn: Human Resources